Instructor: Mariëlle de Vroome – 3D Cookie Cutter Shop
All levels of cookiers are welcome for this class but a basic knowledge about decorating with royal icing (piping/flooding/consistencies) is recommended because the pace of this class will be quite high.
To be able to complete this project in four hours, the focus of this class will be on decorating and assembling the small gingerbread house and wooden sign from start to finish. The royal icing transfers (flowers/pumpkins) will already be prepared and the witch and cat cookie will already have a first (bottom) layer of flood icing so that the students won’t have to wait for the icing to dry before further decorating and applying the details on these cookies (dusting and painting). All steps (including the parts that have already been prepared) will be demonstrated by Marielle during the class.
In this 4-hour class we will decorate this 3D cookie scene with a small ‘round’ gingerbread house, a ‘wooden’ cookie sign and a witch and cat cookie. All parts are gingerbread and all decorations are royal icing.
You will learn:
- Tips & tricks for baking sturdy and long-lasting Gingerbread Houses + special recipe
for construction gingerbread.
- How to bake curved (and other 3d shaped) gingerbread cookies.
- How to assemble a Gingerbread House.
- How to quickly cover a Gingerbread House with royal icing.
- How to create realistic looking wood with royal icing.
- Applying dusting powder to create shadow and depth.
- Painting with food colors on royal icing to create a realistic look.
- Handpiping flowers on a flower nail and piping leaves with royal icing.
- How to fit windows in gingerbread houses with 'edible' glass.
- How to use edible ink pens.
- How to make royal icing transfers (pumpkins, spider).
- How to cover a cake drum with grass and moss.
Swag bag including a booklet with recipes and a voucher for
- All tools and materials for the class will be provided, but will need to be returned at
the end of class.
- A box will be provided to take the Gingerbread Project home.